DOWN AND FEATHER FILLING
"Down" is the undercoating of waterfowl and consists of light, fluffy filaments growing from a central quill point, thereby creating a three dimensional structure which traps air and gives down insulating ability. The properties of down which make it so popular are its light weight, compressibility, recovery power, resilience and breath-ability. At Gulmohar Lane, we give you an option of using a mixture of imported down and feather to give the most luxurious and comfortable experience. All our down and feather filled products come with a tag with the symbol showing down and feather mark.
CARE FOR FILLED PADS
- Fibre pads must be plumped daily after use to maintain the soft comfortable feel.
- To correctly maintain, at least weekly, turn the pad onto one of its outside edges and beat the opposite side vigorously inwards with the flat of your hand, repeat for each side, then shake and replace.
- Pads must be removed from their covers to carry out maintenance on a regular basis.
- Down feather filling might sometimes have a peculiar smell associated with feathers. This is natural and will go away with time. The feather pillows can be dried properly in sunlight for removing any such odour and humidity.
- Odor is completely normal on brand-new pillows. Allow new pillows to air out for several days before using them if the odor bothers you. Most of the odor dissipates on its own over time.