Traditionally the purpose of the ‘wings’ in a wing chair was to enclose the head or torso areas of the body in order to provide comfortable protection from cold drafts, and to trap the heat from a fireplace in the area where the person would be sitting. In historic times these are often used near a fireplace. Today, these chairs work beautifully as stylized accent pieces in a room, whether living, study or a bedroom. Each chair is handcrafted of the finest leather and comes with a comfortable seat cushion.
- Kiln-dried hardwood frame with natural finish in the exposed areas.
- Hand Turned legs with sturdy brass casters in antique finish.
- Hand -applied antique brass nail-heads.
- Traditional 8-way hand-tied spring suspension system.
- Hand tufted soft leather with pleated arms.
- Special finish given to the leather to get an antique aged effect. There may be variations in one piece from the other.
- Mortise and Tenon Joinery.
- Seat with polyfiber wrapped around foam core.
- Made in 100% Genuine Leather.
- Leather is a natural material with unique characteristics such as shade variation, random scars and blemishes.
- Gulmohar Lane strives to display as accurately as possible the colors of the products shown on the site. However, because the colors you see will depend on your monitor/ screen, Gulmohar Lane cannot guarantee that your monitor’s/ screen's display of any color will be accurate. We encourage our customers to order leather swatches available on the product pages to see the actual color, texture and feel before ordering the final product. In spite of that there may be slight variations in the color/ touch and feel due to lot variations.
- Front legs with antique brass casters. Also available without Casters. Choose in Add ons.
- Assembly: Do It Yourself (DIY) assembly with minimal effort with the help of instruction sheet provided in the toolkit.
- Shown here is a Ballard Estate Wingback Leather armchair in Vintage Scrunched Olive Leather.
1 Seater Arm-chair
36" Width x 34" Depth x 44" Height